District I Flower Show Receives State Awards

March 22, 2011: At the annual awards meeting of National Capital Area Garden Clubs, Inc., District I received a small standard flower show citation, and the small standard flower show schedule citation, for "Memories of a Lady's Manor."
Congratulations to the many District I clubs which also received state awards. From left, Poss Tarpley of Tanta Cove Garden Club, NCA President Mary Ellen Alden, Shirley Nicolai of Fergie's Gardeners, District I Director David Healy from Capitol Hill Garden Club, Ann Gardenhour from Cheverly Garden Club, District I Awards Chairman Danielle Brabazon from Woodmoor Garden Club, Ellen Spencer from Gardeners of the Junior League of Washington, D.C., Julie Harrison from Mount Airy Clay Breakers Garden Club, Margaret McKnew from New Carrollton Garden Club and NCA Awards Chairman Babs McClendon. NCAGC Awards 2010-2011
District III led the Districts in numbers of awards. From left, District I Director David Healy, District II Director Joan Boudreau, District III Director Ida Swiggett, District IV Director Bette Lewis and NCA Awards Chairperson Babs McClendon.
--photos by Harold McClendon.